Thursday, November 8, 2007

Tasty Thursday


So, Thanksgiving is coming up and my favorite thing to eat is cornbread sage dressing. I also add chicken or turkey in mine. My main meat though is the ham mmm! But I thought I'd add the recipe...




CORN BREAD SAGE DRESSING


6 to 8 slices dry bread, broken in lg. piecesmilk (or crumble a pan of cornbread)
2 eggs salt and pepper to taste1 tsp. ground sage1/3 c. chopped celery1/3 c. chopped onion1 c. chicken broth or meat drippings (approximately)Moisten bread with milk (do not soak); squeeze dry. Beat eggs with seasonings and add to the bread along with the celery and onion. Add broth until it is as moist as you like. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Knife inserted in center should come out clean.


1 comment:

Trista said...

I love dressing. My recipe is almost just like yours, but I don't use celery b/c I hate it. And I use boiled eggs instead of mixing it in uncooked. Thanks for coming and sharing with us girlie!!